Getting Started to Order Your T-Shirt Quilt
Probably the hardest part of ordering a t-shirt quilt is selecting the shirts you would like to include in your custom quilt. Once you have done that, the rest is easy.
- Please make sure all of the shirts are clean, and free of smoke, moth balls smells, and pet hair. (Note: if your tshirts smell like moth balls, your finished quilt will smell like mothballs!)
- Choose shirts that have sentimental value for the recipient.
- Don't overlook your sweatshirts, jerseys, totebags, towels, pillowcases and baby blankets. These can all be incorporated.
- Look at both sides of the shirt - some shirts have great graphics on both sides; consider using both sides (2 quilt squares). If you only want to use one side, please specify front or back, or we will use our best judgment for a beautiful layout. A minimal charge PER BLOCK is asssesed when combining parts of shirts.
- Try to avoid sharp or pointy things. Puff paint, sequins, buttons and other 3-dimensional embellishments might be pleasant to look at, but can be an irritant when trying cuddle under the quilt.
- Think of themes - Graduation, Sorority/Fraternity, Sports, Military Days, Favorite Vacation Spots, Marathons, Memory Quilts
- Stained or 'holy' shirts sometimes have special memories attached to them. Embrace those imperfections to remember the moment. Keep in mind that the fusible that I put on the back will strengthen the shirts and make them last a lifetime.
Prepare T-ShirtsA little bit of thought before sending us your shirts will help us make a great quilt for you.
If you want to use both sides or have special instructions about combining front and back, pin a note to the side that is facing up.
Tell us to either 'combine' it or to make '2 blocks' with the t-shirt. "Front & Back" is confusing because we are not sure if you want to use the front and back as two blocks or to combine it in to one block.
Stack T-shirts so that the side you want used in the quilt is facing out.
Ship Your T Shirts
- Pack your tshirts, include the order form and deposit in same box.
- Mail to T-Shirt Quilts of Texas
- Note address of where you shipped
- Let us know the shirts are on the way.
Patiently Wait 4 or 5 Weeks
- We will send an Estimate/Workorder via email.
- We will send an Invoice via email when quilt is complete
- Pay the balance
- Await the arrival of your beautiful custom quilt
Let Us Know How Much You Love Your Quilt!
Click the Order Now button to get started with your order. If you would like to make your deposit via PayPal, Just click on the Make Deposit button.